J. C. Bose University of Science and Technology, YMCA Faridabad, is poised to grow with built-in quality systems in all processes of the University. Maintaining the momentum of quality consciousness is crucial in Universities. Internal Quality Assurance Cell, in fact, was established on 22.09.2015 as per 12th Plan Guidelines of UGC with a grant of Rs. 4,50,000/-as a mechanism to build and ensure a quality culture at the institutional level.
The internal quality assurance mechanism of any institution/university called as “Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC)” is meant for planning, guiding and monitoring Quality Assurance (QA) and Quality Enhancement (QE) activities of the same. National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) – an autonomous body established by the University Grants Commission (UGC) of India advocates that the IQAC has the potential to become a vehicle for ushering in quality by working out intervention strategies to remove deficiencies and enhance quality.
“Its success depends upon the sense of belongingness and participation it can inculcate in all the constituents of the institution. It will not be yet another hierarchical structure or recordkeeping exercise in the University. It will be a facilitative and participative voluntary system/unit/organ of the University”.
The IQAC has the potential to become a vehicle for ushering in quality by working out intervention strategies to remove deficiencies and enhance quality. Quality circles in industries operate on similar lines.
1. To develop a quality system for conscious, consistent and catalytic programmed action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the University.
2. To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices.
The prime aim of the University is to see that every student has equal access to competent and qualitative teaching which leads to vibrant academic, social and personal growth on the campus and off the campus.
The functions of the IQAC at the University would include:
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for the various academic and administrative activities of the University.
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive for quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process;
- Initiate documentation of the various programmes/activities of the University, leading to quality improvement.
- Inculcate a system of transparency and mutual trust among stakeholders.
- Sensitization and dissemination of information on the various quality parameters of higher education.
- Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Reports (AQAR)
IQAC Office Structure
|S. No.||Name of Officer||Designation||Duties Assigned|
|1||Prof. Hari Om||Director IQAC||Head of the Cell|
|2||Dr. Shailender Gupta||Coordinator IQAC||To coordinate activities of IQAC along with other coordinators|
|3||Dr. Shailender Gupta||AQAR Coordinator||NAAC Criterion 1|
|4||Dr. Anushree Chauhan||AQAR Coordinator||NAAC Criterion 2|
|5||Dr. Sakshi Kalra||AQAR Coordinator||NAAC Criterion 3|
|6||Dr. Preeti Sethi||AQAR Coordinator||NAAC Criterion 4|
|7||Dr. Mahesh Chand||AQAR Coordinator||NAAC Criterion 5|
|8||Dr. Reena Garg||AQAR Coordinator||NAAC Criterion 6|
|9||Dr. Arun Kumar||AQAR Coordinator||NAAC Criterion 7|
|10||Dr. Shruti Sharma||Feedback Coordinator||Collection of feedback and analysis of the same|
|11||Mr. Bharat Singh||Clerk||Data entry and other maintenance of office record|
|12||Mr. Ram Prakash||Attendant||File movement and other assistance|